Hampi – Ancient wealthiest city in the world having a temple with active worship for last 1400 years
Hampi is a historical delight for travellers. Surrounded by ancient monuments, beautiful temples, bustling street markets, bastions, treasury building and captivating remains of Vijayanagar Empire, Hampi is a backpacker’s delight. The site has about 1,600 monuments and covers 41.5 square kilometres
- According to mythology, Parvati Devi pursued her ascetic, yogini lifestyle on Hemakuta Hill, now a part of Hampi, to win and bring ascetic Shiva
- This region was part of the Maurya Empire during the 3rd century BCE
- It became the centre of the Hindu Vijayanagara Empire capital in the 14th century
- The ruins of Hampi were surveyed in 1800 by Scottish Colonel Colin Mackenzie, first Surveyor General of India.
- Visit Hazara Rama temple or Kodandarama temple
- Try out a bicycle tour around the monuments
- Visit museum
- Visit Vithala temple or offer offerings at Virupaksha temple
- Buy antique coins, shawls, bags etc from Hampi bazar
How to reach there
The nearest air link to Hampi is the Belgaum airport which is located at a distance of 270 km. Bangalore airport, on the other hand is 300 kms from Hampi. Direct flights to the airports operate from major cities of the country like Delhi and Mumbai. After reaching the airport, travelers can take a bus or taxi to reach Hampi.
There is no railway station in Hampi. Hospet which is 13 kms from Hampi is the nearest rail head. Different cities of the country are connected to this rail head which makes it easy to reach Hampi. 10 daily trains and 5 special trains run to the station from different places of the country. After reaching the Hospet railway station, travelers can take a taxi or bus to reach Hampi.
Hampi is well-connected to Bangalore and other major cities of Karnataka via roadways. KSRTC ( government) buses operate on regular basis from Hospet( which is nearest railway station) to Hampi.
- Anegundi ( 20 kms away)
- Daroji Bear Sanctuary ( 21 kms away)
- Badami (141 kms away)
- Aihole (139 kms away)
- Pattadakkal ( 136 kms away)
Some Hotels in Hampi with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Clarks Inn Hampi http://www.clarksinn.in/
Heritage Resort Hampi https://www.indoasia-hotels.com/heritage-resort-hampi/
Royal Orchid Central Kireeti https://www.royalorchidhotels.com/royal-orchid-central-kireeti-hampi/overview
Hotel Hampi International http://www.hotelhampiinternational.com/
Kishkinda Heritage Resorthttps://www.kishkindaheritage.com/
Vijayshree Resort & Heritage Village http://www.vijayshreeresort.com/
#Tourbeetle #Softwarefortouroperators #toursoftware #CRMfortouroperators #leadmanagerfortouroperators #Hampi