Tour executives often complain about the toughness in making cold calls. They often asks about some methods to make cold calls easier and more effective. Here are some tips:
- Try to get maximum information about the prospect before calling. You may get information like nationality, age , gender, preferences, whether out going type or not, price sensitive or not, destinations traveled etc from social media or other sources
- After introduce yourself give the prospect assurance that this is not a sales call, but a call to understand them better and build a relation
- Keep in your mind that in the first call never try to sell. Until unless the prospect takes initiative don’t explain about your products or pricing.
- Take prospect’s suggestions on how to do the follow up ( phone, mail, whatsapp etc). Also ask them what piece of information do they expect in next contact. Fix a convenient time for next follow up.
- If possible take information about their dream vacation and budget