Location : Agra, India
Destination Type: Cultural
Taj Mahotsav is a 10 days long carnival. Its a vibrant platform that gives you information of India where you can find India’s rich arts, crafts, cultures, cuisine, dance and music. Taj Mahotsav is organized by Taj Mahotsav Committee presented by Commissioner, Agra Division Agra.The entry fee of Rs. 50 is charged for adults to make entry in to the Taj Mahotsav. Children up to 5 years and foreign tourists will not be charged any entry fee. Children from 5-10 years will be charged Rs.10 A minimum amount of Rs. 500 is charged for a group of 100 students in school uniform with complimentary entry for two teachers.
History of Taj Mahotsav at Agra
- Taj Mahotsav was started in 1992
- This event was started with an objective to provide encouragement to the Artisans
- This year is the 29th edition of the Taj Mahotsav
- In previous edition about 400 legendary artisans from different parts of the country got an opportunity to display their exquisite works of art.
Activities for visitors at Taj Mahotsav
- Enjoy the festival and buy the artisans work like wood carvings of Saharanpur, brass and other metal ware of Moradabad, handmade carpets of Badohi, the pottery of Khurja, chickan-work of Lucknow, the silk of Banaras
- The festival starts with a grand procession that makes one reminiscent of the magnificence of the Mughal era
- Visit Taj Mahal
- Take elephant ride or Camel ride
- Indulge in food from across the country in food festival part of Taj Mahotsav
How to reach there
he closest domestic and international airport to Agra is at Delhi, the Indira Gandhi International Airport, which is well-linked with all prime Indian and foreign destinations.
As Agra is located in the middle of main the following train lines: Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Chennai, it is quite easy to reach here by train from anywhere. Cities such as Delhi, Jaipur, Gwalior, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai are well-connected to Agra with regular trains
Agra is well connected by state and roadways buses to several cities and towns like Delhi, Gwalior, Kanpur, Lucknow and Jaipur. There are basically two prime bus terminals in Agra, namely Idgah Bus Stand and ISBT and buses here are available for all major destinations. Those driving from Delhi to Agra can take NH 2 route while those travelling from Jaipur can take NH 11 road. The recently constructed Delhi-Agra Taj Expressway has reduced travel time to the city substantially, making the drive itself highly pleasurable.
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- New Delhi ( 209kms away)
- Mathura ( 58 kms away)
- Vrindavan ( 76 kms away)
- Alwar ( 168 kms away)
- Surajkund ( 208 kms away)
Some hotels in Agra with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Double Tree by Hilton https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/index.html
Atulyaa Taj https://www.hotelatulyaataj.com/
Taj Heritage http://www.hoteltajheritage.com/
Crystal Sarovar Premiere https://www.sarovarhotels.com/crystal-sarovar-premiere-agra/
Photo courtesy:By Gunjan Pandey – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=76234118
Content courtesy : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/travel/destinations/how-to-reach-agra/as48681488.cms