Founded by Emperor Ashoka, Srinagar lies on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus, and Dal and Anchar lakes. The city is known for its natural environment, gardens, waterfronts and houseboats. Surrounded by Himalayan peaks its a favourite hill destination for millions through centuries
- Stay in a house boat
- Take a Shikara boat ride in Dal lake
- Visit Mughal gardens
- Trek to Sankaracharya Hills
- Shop at floating market
- Go for paragliding
How to reach there
To reach Srinagar by train, one has to reach either Jammu Tawi (272 kms away) or Udhampur (200kms away)railway station. The stations are well connected with different parts of India.
The city is well connected with major cities like Delhi (876 km), Chandigarh (646 km), Leh (424 km) and Jammu (258 km).
- Dachigam National park (22kms away)
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip garden ( 10kms away)
- Tafrsar Marsar (33kms away)
- Shalimar Gardens (10 kms away)
- Yusmarg (31 kms away)