Nainital- Himalayan lake district with a unique cave garden
Surrounded by mountains on three sides Nainital is located around the beautiful lake Naini Tal. This lake resort is situated at a height of 1,938 meters. Vantage points around Nainital offer a panoramic view of Himalayan peaks on one side and the plains spread out on the other. The hill station receives snowfall during the winter months from December to February, which receives the maximum number of tourists.
- According to Hindu mythology the spot where Goddess Sati’s eyes (or Nain) fell, came to be called Nain-tal or lake of the eye.
- The hill station town of Naini Tal was founded in 1841, with the construction of the first European house (Pilgrim Lodge) by P. Barron
- In the latter half of the 19th century a number of “European” schools for boys and girls were founded in Nainital.
- Go for boating in Nainital lake
- Go for kayaking or paragliding
- Enjoy a jungle camp
- Visit snow view point or cave garden
- Go for trekking or horse riding
- Shop at Tibitean market
How to reach there
Pantnagar Airport (68 km) is the nearest airport to Nainital which has direct flights from Delhi. Kathgodam Railway Station is the nearest railway station, which is 24 km from Nainital. It is well connected with Moradabad, Delhi, Lucknow, Jammu Tawi, Kanpur, Dehradun, Jaisalmer and Howrah.
Nainital is well connected by Road with Delhi, Haldwani, Dehradun and Rampur. Regular buses can fly from Kathgodam to Nainital.
- Jim Corbet National park (66 kms away)
- Mukteshwar (46 kms away)
- Pangoot (17kms away)
- Valley of flowers (285 kms away)
Some hotels in Nainital with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Himalaya Hotel https://www.himalayapavilion.com/
Hotel Mount N Mist Nainitalhttps://www.mountnmistnainital.com/
Hotel Maharaja http://www.maharajahotelnainital.com/
Ayar Jungle Camp http://ayarjunglecamp.com/
Hotel Pangot Himalayan View,Nainital http://pangothimalayanview.com/
The Jungle Pool Nainital https://www.thejunglepool.com/