Location : Lucknow, India
Destination Type: Cultural
The Lucknow Mahotsav is a 10- day annual festival conducted by UP Tourism department in Inida. It has an extravagant cultural significance. The festival has many highlights and it has been attracting many tourists from the country and across the globe.
History of Lucknow Mahotsav
- The year 1975-76 was observed and organized by Southern Asians as The Tourism Year.
- On this occasion it became a motive to promote Lucknow Mahotsav’s Art, Culture, and Tourism for national and international tourists. The decision to organize the Lucknow Festival was taken.
- The festival has over 200 stalls, 50 food stalls, 33 pavilions etc. Celebrities like Shirley Setia, Javed Ali, Pawan Singh and others have also performed in the Lucknow Mahotsav.
Activities for tourists at Lucknow Mahotsav
- Enjoy cultural extravaganza, traditional village games, Ghazal and Thumri nights, performances by celebrities
- Participate in events like cock fighting, Youth festival and Drama Competition, ekka races, kite flying
- Enjoy the traditional crafts of Lucknow.
- Enjoy thr delicacies of Nawabi cuisine.
How to reach there
Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport , formerly Amausi Airport), The airport has daily flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Patna, as well as direct flights to Bangalore, Sharjah, Jeddah, Muscat, Dehradun, Indore, Pune, Goa and Varanasi.
Lucknow is an important junction with links to all major cities of the state and country such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Nashik, Amritsar, Jammu, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Indore, Bhopal, Jhansi, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Raipur and Siwan
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- Kanpur ( 93 kms away)
- Allahabad ( 200 kms away)
- Ayodhya ( 135kms away)
- Chitrakoot ( 230 kms away)
Some hotels in Lucknow for tourists and tour operators with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
York Inn Boutique Hotel http://www.yorkinnlucknow.in/
India Awadh Hotel http://www.theindiahotel.com/
Hotel Radical palace http://www.radicalpalace.com/
Photo courtesy :By Vikraman23 – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18811114