Location: Rishikesh , India
Destination type : Spiritual Destination
Rishikesh is a city in India’s northern state of Uttarakhand, in the Himalayan foothills beside the Ganges River. The river is considered holy, and the city is renowned as a center for studying yoga and meditation. Temples and ashrams (centers for spiritual studies) line the eastern bank around Swarg Ashram, a traffic-free, alcohol-free and vegetarian enclave upstream from Rishikesh town. International yoga festival connects the yogis from around the world.It helps to learn more about yoga practices from the masters.
History of International Yoga Festival at Rishikesh
- International Yoga Festival was started in the year 1999 in Rishikesh, Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- The 2010 edition which happened at the time of Maha Kumbh Mela was the most successful event
- The whole area (Garhwal) was famous as Kedarkhand in the past as mentioned in the Skanda Purana.
- Legends state that Lord Rama did penance here for killing Ravana
- After 1815 East India Company came here. After India got freedom the area is merged in Uttarpradesh.
Activities for travelers at Rishikesh on International Yoga Festival
- Attend seminars on Yoga and spiritual subjects
- Participate in the musical concerts and satsangs
- Visit Lakshma Jhoola
- Visit The Beatles Ashram
- Visit Rajaji National Park
How to reach there
Nearest airport is Dehradun airport. It has flights to Indian domestic destinations like:
- Bengaluru etc
The station acts as source station for Hemkunt Express which runs from Rishikesh to Jammu Tawi and Jammu Tawi to Rishikesh.
October to February is the perfect time for visiting Rishikesh.
|Winter ( October to February)||10°C to 30°C|
|Summer ( April to June)||35°C to 45°C|
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- Haridwar( 22kms away)
- Dehradun(50 kms away)
- Kedarnath (105kms away)
- Nainital ( 250kms away)
- Mussourie ( 78 kms away)
Some hotels in Rishikesh for tourists and tour operators with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Hill Top Swiss Cottagehttps://www.swisscottagerishikesh.com/
Hotel Indira Nikunjhttps://www.indiranikunj.com/
The Forest View Hotel http://theforestview.com/hotel/
The Palms Resort http://www.thepalmsresort.in/
Green by One Hotels https://www.onehotels.in/
Green Land Swiss Cottage https://business.google.com/website/green-land-swiss-cottage
#CRMfortouroperators #leadmanagerfortouroperators #itinerarybuildersoftware #Softwarefortouroperators #Tourbeetle
#itinerarybuilder #IndianbYogaDestination#InternationalYogaFestival #Rishikesh
Photo courtesy: Vice President's Secretariat (GODL-India) / GODL-India (https://data.gov.in/sites/default/files/Gazette_Notification_OGDL.pdf)