Location: New Delhi , India
Destination type : Historical Destination
US President Donald Trump visited Raj Ghat on the second day of his 2 days visit to India. Raj Ghat is a famous memorial in New Delhi dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi the “Father of Nation”. It is customary for foreign dignitaries visiting India , visit Raj Ghat and pay homage to the great Indian leader. Raj Ghat along with other memorials nearby attracts thousands of tourists everyday.Its open from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and entry is free.
History of Raj Ghat
- Mahatma Gandhi was cremated here on January 31st 1948 after he was assassinated previous day
- A twelve by twelve feet black marble platform is placed at the location where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated
- Raj Gaht was designed by Vanu. G. Bhuta and this design has won several awards
- Epitaph ” Hey Ram” ( Oh! God) the last words of Mahatma Gandhi is written in the platform
Activities for tourists at Raj Ghat area
- Pay homage to the great leader and human being with a silent prayer
- Visit other memorials of Indian Prime ministers Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri and Rajiv Gandhi
- Visit Gandhi memorial museum and attend the film on life and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi between 9:30 am and 5:30pm 9 Except on Thursdays
- Roam around the park nearby park where former US President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Queen Elizabeth II, Former Prime Minister of Australia Gough Whitman, Ho Chi Minh and many more had planted trees
How to reach there
The closest domestic and international airport is the Indira Gandhi International Airport at Delhi, which is well-linked with all prime Indian and foreign destinations.
Trains from most of the major destinations in India reaches New Delhi.
Winter season starts from october. This is the best time to visit Raj Gaht and other tourist places in New Delhi.The average temperature can vary from 25oC to 45oC during the summer and 22oC to 5oC during the winter.
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- Kurukhsetra ( 171 kms away)
- Vrindavan(162 kms away)
- Agra ( 213 kms away)
- Mathura ( 163 kms away)
- Alwar ( 154 kms away)
Some hotels in New Delhi for tourists and tour operators with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Hotel Golden Grand https://www.hotelgoldengrand.com/
Hotel Signature Grand http://www.hotelsignaturegrand.com/
Hotel Le Seasons http://www.hotelleseasons.com/
The Athena Hotel http://www.theathenahotel.com/
#CRMfortouroperators #leadmanagerfortouroperators #itinerarybuildersoftware #Softwarefortouroperators #Tourbeetle
#itinerarybuilder #IndianHistoricalDestination# NewDelhi #Trumpvisit #RajGhat
Photo courtesy: By Humayunn Niaz Ahmed Peerzaada from Mumbai, India – Raj Ghat, Delhi – India, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3467500