Clonakilty- Secret Irish town voted “Best Town in Europe” in 2017,
The town is located at the head of the tidal Clonakilty Bay and is surrounded by hilly country devoted primarily to dairy farming. Famous for beaches nearby and heritage sites
- The Clonakilty area has a number of ancient and pre-Celtic sites, including Lios na gCon ringfort
- In 1292, Thomas De Roach received a charter to hold a market every Monday at Kilgarrif close to where the present town now stands
- Michael Collins, who was the Director of Intelligence for the IRA, which sought independence from Britain in the 1920–1921 period, lived in Clonakilty and attended the local boys’ national school.
- From the mid-18th to mid-19th centuries more than 10, 000 people worked in the town’s linen industry.
- Visit Model Village
- Lay back in beaches
- Visit Micheal Collins Heritage Center
- Enjoy Atlantic Whale & Wildlife tours
- Participate in world’s only “Random Acts of Kindness Festival”
How to reach there
Nearest airport is Cork Airport. It is connectd to Amsterdam, Lisbon, London, Paris, Glasgow, Manchester, Madrid, Zurich and Malta
If you have arrived in Ireland by air or sea at Dublin / Dun Laoghaire a comfortable way to travel onward to Cork is by train. travel from Heuston rail station in Dublin to Kent station in Cork (about 2 1/2 hours) . Transfer to bus station to complete journey by bus to Clonakilty
Clonakilty is located in West Cork approximately 50km south of Cork City. When travelling from Dublin or Wexford follow the South Ring Road under the Jack Lynch Tunnel near Cork City and continue by following all signs for West Cork and follow the N71. This will bring you to Clonakilty.
Bus Eireann feature a regular bus service between Cork and Clonakilty which takes about 1 hour Travelling by bus is a inexpensive way to get around Ireland and a great way to meet people. You can get your ticket to Clonakilty from any bus station.
- Dublin (311 kms away)
- Belfast (294kms away)
- Dingle (147kms away)
- Killarney ( 84kms away)
- Waterford ( 174kms away)
Some hotels in Clonakilty with tariff less than Rs.10,000/- per night
Clonarkilty Park Hotel https://www.clonakiltyparkhotel.ie/
Fernhill House Hotel https://www.fernhillhousehotel.com/
The Clonakilty Hotel https://www.theclonakilty.com/
Odovans Hotel http://www.odonovanshotel.com/
Dunmore House Hotel https://dunmorehousehotel.ie/
An Sugan Hotel http://www.ansugan.com/
#Tourbeetle #Softwarefortouroperators #toursoftware #Europeandestinations #Ireland