Asuncion – Under visited Paraguayan capital called “Mother of cities”
Asunción is the capital and largest city of Paraguay .Asunción is nonetheless a thriving city with an important commercial activity, a rich cultural scene with interesting museums, theaters and art galleries, an active nightlife and some excellent hotels and restaurants.
1. The Spanish conquistador Juan de Ayolas founded the city in 1537
2. In 1542 natives destroyed Buenos Aires, and the Spaniards there fled to Asunción.
3. Towards the end of the 19th century and during the early years of the 20th century, a flow of immigrants from Europe and the Ottoman Empire came to the city.
4. In Bernardo de Velasco, was overthrown in 1811 and the country was declared independent.
1. Visit Palacio De Lopaz
2. Visit btanical garden
3. Visit Casa la Independencia museum
4. Visit La Catedral
5. Panteón del los Heroes
How to reach there
From Central America: Copa Airlines flies to Asuncion from Panama City(Tocumen international airport).
From Europe: Air Europa has a direct flight from Madrid to Asuncion. From South America: There are flights from São Paulo, Lima, Santiago de Chile, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Montevideo and Buenos Aires through carriers like AVIANCA, LATAM, GOL Airlines, Amaszonas, Alas Uruguay and Aerolineas Argentinas.
1. Aregua ( 20 kms away)
2. Ybycui National Park (151 kms away)
3. Iguazu falls ( 355kms away)
4. Monday falls ( 331 kms away)
Some hotels in Asuncion with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Excelsior Inn http://www.excelsior.com.py/
Hotel Portal Del Sol http://www.hotelportaldelsol.com/
Hotel Westfalenhaus http://www.paraguay-hotel.com/
Hotel Ibis Asunción https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7324-ibis-asuncion/index.shtml
#Tourbeetle #Softwarefortouroperators #Paraguay #Asuncion #toursoftware