The Alwar Festival is a vibrant festival showcasing culture and arts of Alwar region in Rajasthan. It is conducted by district administration of Alwar for tourism promotion.
History of Alwar Festival
- Since 2012 the Alwar festival has attracted thousands of tourists to this region
- In the 2013 edition the shilpagram organized by district collector attracted many
- The 2017 edition included elephant polo, antique exhibition etc
Activities for visitors at Alwar festival
- Watch the cultural shows
- Be part of elephant polo
- Enjoy the local cuisine
- See Fairy Queen India’s oldest locomotive
- Visit city palace
How to reach there
The nearest airport to Alwar is the Sanganer Airport at Jaipur, about 162 km away.
Jaipur is well-connected to metro cities of India.
Alwar railway station has train connecting to Jaipur and Delhi. The rail route connects various cities in North India and Rajasthan .
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- Agra ( 168kms away)
- Mathura ( 110 kms away)
- Vrindavan ( 112 kms away)
- Jaipur ( 162 kms away)
- New Delhi ( 154 kms away)
Some hotels in Alwar with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Pavna Palace Hotel https://pavnapalace.com/
Sparrow Inn by MGB Hotels http://www.sparrowinn.in/
Cygnett Lite Alwar https://www.cygnetthotels.com/
Lemonade Hotel http://hotellemonade.com/
Nirwana Palace http://www.hotelnirwanapalace.com/
Alwar Festival 2020 from 13h to 15th February
Location : Alwar, Rajasthan, India
Destination Type: Cultural
Photo courtesy:By Tripurari Pandey Photography – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=72432285