Destination type : Leisure Destination
Kathmandu is the capital of Carebean island nation Nepal. Nepal is an overseas territory of the sovereign state United Kingdom with Queen Elizebath as monarch. It is a favorite vacation spot of water lovers It is a popular destination for wreck diving, snorkeling, or parasailing.
History of Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city is believed to have been established in the 900s AD.
- The Newari community of Nepal is considered as the original inhabitants of the Kathmandu Valley. They are considered as the direct descendant of the ethnic and racial group who had ever resided in the two millennium period in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Originally known as Kantipur, the city flourished during the Malla era, and the bulk of its superb temples, buildings and other monuments date from this time. Initially, Kathmandu was an independent city within the valley, but in the 14th century the valley was united under the rule of the Malla king of Bhaktapur
- Kathmandu derived its name from the unique temple, Kaasthamandap which was built in 1596.
- In 2013, Kathmandu was ranked third among the top 10 travel destinations on the rise in the world
Activities for tourists at Kathmandu
- Kingdoms of Patan & Bhaktapur Tour
- Visit the national museum
- Visit Hanumandhoka palace complex
- Visit Boudhanath
- Take a cCycle tour of Kathmandu
How to reach there
The main international airport serving Kathmandu and thus Nepal is the Tribhuvan International Airport,
It has flights to cities like:
- Kuala Lumpur etc
There is a direct bus between Varanasi (India) and Kathmandu every 2 days run by Uttar Pradesh Road Transport Corporation, journey time 13-16 hours, fare Rs. 1,370 (about $21).
The best time to visit Kathmandu are months September to November
|Winter season (December to February)||4°C to 20°C|
|Summer season (June to August)||18°C to 28°C|
Nearby destinations for tour operators / travel agents
- Langtang National Park (51 kms away)
- Bhaktapur ( 16 kms away)
- Chitwan national park ( 170kms away)
- Pokhara ( 200kms away)
- Kirtipur ( 10kms away)
Some hotels in Kathmandu with room tariff less than Rs.5000/- per night
Hotel Florid Nepal https://florida-nepal-np.book.direct/
The Glasshouse Hotel Pvt. Ltd. https://the-glasshouse-np.book.direct/
Hotel Hikers Haven https://www.hotelhikershaven.com.np/
Ai Boutique Hotel https://ai-boutique-np.book.direct/
EmKay Apartment Guest House https://emkay-apartment-guest-house.business.site/