Geneva – where you can see tallest water fountain on earth
Geneva is a city in Switzerland that lies at the southern tip of expansive Lac Léman (Lake Geneva). Surrounded by the Alps and Jura mountains, the city has views of dramatic Mont Blanc.
- The History of Geneva dates from before the Roman occupation in the second century BC.
- In 443, Geneva was taken by Burgundy, and with the latter fell to the Franks in 534
- It was taken over in 1033 by the German Emperor.
- The international status of the city was highlighted after World War I when Geneva became the seat of the League of Nations in 1919
- The International School of Geneva, the oldest currently operating International School in the world, was founded in 1924 by senior members of the League of Nations and the International Labor Office.
- Climb the towers of St. Pierre Cathedral
- View the tallest water fountian on earth
- Sit on the longest wooden bench on earth
- See the flower clock
- Trek to mont salave
How to reach there
Geneva airport is served by almost all European carriers as well as a few daily trans-Atlantic flights. Swiss International Airlines serves Geneva more frequently than any other airline and offers the best local connections, connecting Geneva with Lugano, Zurich and Bern in addition to several other European capitals.
The Swiss Fedral Railway called the CFF (Chemins de fer fédéraux suisses) in Geneva serves Geneva Train Station (Gare de Cornavin) with trains to and fro Neuchâtel, Bern, Basel, Zürich, St. Gallen, Luzern, Interlaken and the Valais, at least every hour or every half an hour.
The TPG (Transports Publics Genevois – Geneva’s Public Transport system) provide regular services from the neighboring French towns of Saint-Julien, Archamps, Thoiry, Ferney-Voltaire, Moillesulaz to Geneva
- Chamonix ( 82 kms away)
- Annecy ( 42 kms away)
- Zurich ( 278 kms away)
- Grindelwald ( 233 kms away)
- Montreux ( 93 kms away)
Some hotels in Geneva with room tariff less than Rs.7000/- per night
Geneva Hostel https://www.genevahostel.ch/
City Hostel Geneva http://www.cityhostel.ch/
Hôtel St-Gervais http://www.stgervais-geneva.ch/
Hotel ibis Geneve Petit Lancy https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7289-ibis-geneve-petit-lancy/index.shtml